Monday, June 2, 2014

Here We Go!

June 2, 2014

So here we go on a mission to Minnesoooota.  We filled out our papers and checked the box for 18 months and let the Lord choose where we would go and what we would do.  Somehow in all my anticipation, I never thought of Minnesota.  Have I ever been there?  If I have, I don't remember it.  I have decided it will be great to go where we haven't been so there will also be the adventure of exploring as well as the mission adventure. Ron has been to Minnesota to run Grandma's marathon in Duluth and he also stopped in Duluth on the way to the boundary waters for two trips.  We opened our call when we were in Florida right before our cruise where it was in the 80's, but in Duluth it was -13 all week.  It will be a change for sure!

We will be supervising seminary and Institute classes.  We are to visit the classes and provide inservice training.  I'm sure there is more to be done that we will yet be informed of.  We will live in a 2 bedroom apartment in Duluth and travel 25,000 miles (per year) around Minnesota, Wisconson and up to Thunder Bay Canada.

This week, we have been sorting and packing and we will actually leave on Saturday.  Ron doesn't think everything will fit in the truck and that I will be resorting on Saturday morning.  We are going to drive the truck because it has 4 wheel drive for the snow.  I packed lots of boots! We will report at the missionary training center in Provo on Monday morning for instruction that will last for 10 days.  I hope I have enough capacity for all that information!

Here are some reasons we decided to go on a mission:
-We have a desire to serve the Lord.  I have so many blessings in my life, I want to give back.
-Our desire to share the Gospel
-Promises of blessings that will come to my family.  (ha-ha! whether they want them or not.)
-A desire to have spiritual experiences.  I want to feel the Lord's spirit everyday.

When we finished filling out our papers, I was getting scared but Ron was ready to push the "send" button.  He kept after me even though I thought I needed more thinking time.  Finally, I said, "JUST PRESS THE DANG BUTTON".

So that will be my signoff
JPTDB








4 comments:

  1. What a great picture!! I am so excited for you two. You'll have the time of your lives and will touch so many lives as well. Please survive the cold....at least you have time to acclimatize. Good luck at the MTC..you'll love it! Blessings on you....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to hear about all your adventures and I know there will be some blessings and miracles in there as well.
    Love the picture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, what a photo! SOOO beautiful! I hope yesterday was amazing - the MTC is a fabulous place. I love that you get to be there for 10 whole glorious days. Enjoy it all! I love you both. Nina

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with the others--What a great picture of you two! I hear you have been not feeling so well (Mom). Hopefully, that will be in the past quickly and you will be at your best as you head for Minnesota--So excited for you to take this new adventure on!!

    ReplyDelete